- What is Faith?
- Faith is complete trust or confidence in someone or something. The Bible says it this way in Hebrews 11:1-Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Why do we need to have faith?
- We will never please God without faith. Hebrews 11:6-But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- Without faith, , the wisdom and guidance God offers might not be available to us. James 1:5-6:If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
- Romans 3:22-Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: We have no righteousness in ourselves. Another passage says that our righteousness is as filthy rags. If we have faith in Jesus, His Righteousness comes into our lives.
How does faith effect our prayers being answered?
- God will do miracles on our behalf if we have faith. Matthew 21:21-22: 21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
- Mark 9:23-Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. It doesn’t matter what things may look like. If you have faith and trust in Jesus, all things are possible.
Is faith necessary for salvation?
- Ephesians 2:8-For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: We are saved and born again when we accept the free gift of God’s Grace. We need to have faith to believe and receive.
- Romans 5:1-Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
What part do our works play in our life of faith?
- Titus 3:5-Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost We can not rely on our own works to get us to heaven. Our good works are from gratitude and obedience, not for
- James 2:18-Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. If we claim to walk with God, but have no good works, it is doubtful that we have saving faith. We express the faith we have by our works.
- How can we increase our faith?
- Ask for more. Luke 17:5-5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. It is vital that we exercise whatever level of faith we already have, but it is equally vital that we ask God for more.
Read God’s Word. Psalm 119:40-41: Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.Let thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, even thy salvation, according to thy word. Reading the Bible with the Holy Spirit’s guidance is one of the best methods for building your faith; and more so, reading the Scriptures aloud will build your faith when you hear God’s Word spoken – even if it’s just your own voice you’re hearing.
- Worship and Praise Him. Psalm 29:2-Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. Through praise and worship, the faith level of His children is raised, and God’s love and blessings are released. Worshipping the Lord with love and adorations in our hearts inevitably increases our faith!